Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Announcing the birth of our twin girls on Aug. 18, 2009:

Hailey Dawn McFadden
4 lbs. 11 oz. - 19 1/4"
and
Brooke Emma McFadden
5 lbs. 2 oz. - 18 1/2"


Wow, it has been a LONG time since I have written, and a lot has happened. I am a mother of 2 beautiful twin girls Hailey and Brooke, and they are growing up so fast! I can't believe they are going to be 3 months old tomorrow (I started writing this when they turned 2 months LOL). Time flies when you're having fun! Oh, just a little disclaimer: If this doesn't make sense, it's due to my inability to articulate with the amount of sleep I've been getting (or rather NOT getting) the past few months. It's amazing how I have adjusted to run on 5 hrs. (or less) and still be able to function. It has all been completely worth it, I absolutely love and adore my girls and LOVE being a mom! Here's a little slideshow of my favorite pictures of them the first couple of months (turn up the volume for some nice music):

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: My Girls
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


My favorite things about them are watching them sleep, because they look like angels, and also to watch them when they are awake. They make the cutest facial expressions and sounds and movements! It's amazing to watch them grow. I could just watch them 24/7 and do nothing else. I never understood that until now. I can't even sum up what it's like to be a mom. Now it makes sense that everyone says "you don't really know until it happens to you". So true! I am so greatful and blessed to have these two sweet spirits in my life! They bring me such joy and happiness that I can't fully express in words. Hailey & Brooke, I LOVE YOU and I love being your mom. :)

5 comments:

chrysanthemum said...

Jennifer, your girls are SO PRECIOUS!!! I loved the slide show!

Katie and Jeremy said...

very cute! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see you and the girls. I think we will be out in CA for New Years.

Jamber (more Amber than Jaron) said...

Those are such cute pictures, and such cute girls! Congratulations!!
,Amber & Jaron

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

Well put! I love being a mom & grandma ~ there's NOTHING better!! You're doing a wonderful job being Hailey & Brookes' mommy!! xox, Grandmasita oxo