It's time for the monthly update of Jen's Journey! I have some new pictures to share from yesterday's appt. at the Perinatologist, the 25 weeks and 1 day mark:


I couldn't believe how clear the picture of Twin A turned out!!! Brought tears to my eyes. Last month she was moving too much to get a clear shot...this month Twin B was moving too much, but between this month & last we have a couple of fairly good pics of each one. It's amazing to see how big they ar growing. Not sure if you can tell from the pictures, but I wrote on there "Twin A 1 # 11 oz." and "Twin B 1 # 11 oz.". Oops...just realized I wrote it wrong, Twin A was actually 1 # 10 oz. just an ounce smaller than Twin B. I am feeling them move quite a bit every day now, mostly when I am quietly sitting at work or watching a movie or TV. Their little punches & kicks are getting to be quite powerful! Last night when I was trying to fall asleep I think one was using my bladder as a punching bag! OUCH! I LOVE to feel them move, but that was the first time it was actually painful. I started to sway from side-to-side and think I rocked the little boxer to sleep, thank goodness. :)
As for names, I have been getting asked about that a lot lately, but it's still a work in progress. It would be so nice to already have them picked out so we don't have to keep calling them "Twin A" (who is on my left and currently breech) and "Twin B" (who is on my right and currently head down), and we have a few possibilities we have in mind, but nothing is definite yet. Every time we watch a movie we look at the credits to see if any names pop out at us, which has been fun. Speaking of movies, Shaun & I and his brother in-law Tom & our 3 youngest nephews all got to go to a special screening of Disney/Pixar's "Up" Thurs. night, the night before it came out, at the AMC Theaters in Burbank. It was GREAT! Pixar films are amazing, they get better and better every time. The short before the movie was excellent as well, in classic Pixar style with superb quality and a witty storyline. I highly recommend going to see it.
On Memorial Day I planted a few flowers in our little border along the front of our house, as Shaun was working (he was shift leader, PLUS it was a holiday, so he got big bucks for working that day! Perfect to add to our savings for cribs & diapers & medical bills...oh my! LOL). I didn't take a picture of it yet, but I was really happy with how it turned out, and it is so nice to walk by the front of the house now. I planted a couple of cranberry/white variagated mini carnations, a couple of blue balloon flowers (they are really cool...the flower heads look like a little balloon being blown up, getting bigger & bigger, and when they open up then POW with a burst of color!), soft yellow pansies, and some really neat flowers I found called "Moss Rose", which the name is slightly deceiving, because the leaves aren't anything like moss, more like little succulent leaf pods. The flowers open when the sun is out and have beautiful colors in many different vibrant shades (from oranges to magentas to creams to yellows), and when the sun goes down they close and look kind of like carnations. They are really pretty, and the tag said they can tolerate extreme heat (also poor soil)...perfect for Simi, as it gets SO hot here in the summer. It was hard work, but I love seeing the fruits (or rather flowers!) of my labor.
That's about it for this month of May. We're coming up on Shaun's & my 8 year anniversary in 3 days...my how time flies! It has been a good 8 years with lots of accomplishments and adventures, and I look forward to many more to come, especially sharing it with our little girls. :) :)

4 comments:
Oh WOW!! Baby A looks sooo pretty & I can't wait to kiss her on the cheek!! Baby B is also wonderful to look at...and your flowers sound beautiful - you're doing well with your garden & girlies & congrats on your 8 year anniversary tomorrow!! I love you and am thankful for your sacrifice to have these sweet babies!!
What cute pictures!!
Amazing how the time flies when you're living life well. :)
I hope things continue to progress well for you. Glad to hear you're enjoying gardening-- it's so fun!
,Amber
I am so excited for you and Shaun. Congrats on 8 years and congrats on your cute little girls. I can't wait to meet them. The kicking thing is always fun. Charlotte kicked me so much and it was so painful. Now that she is here, she moves and kicks her feet constantly... oohh I remember that feeling really well. Have fun!!
My goodness that's so neat!!! They are so cute already. :0)
Post a Comment